As a law firm known for being one of Texas’ leading authorities on OSHA law and citations defense, we know full well the impact of an OSHA citation can have far-reaching consequences that threaten businesses. Aside from penalties and fines – which have been recently increased by the agency, and which can cost large sums – companies face additional repercussions, including those involving:
- Costs of hazard/violation abatement
- Risks for future litigation, other regulatory sanctions, and criminal indictment
- Elevated penalties for willful / repeat violations, or OSHA’s Severe Violator Enforcement Program
- Competition for new business/loss of contracts
- Brand and company reputation
As we discuss in our latest OSHA law blog – which you can read in full here – evaluating fines, associated costs, collateral consequences in order to make informed decisions about how to most appropriately handle their situation, including whether or not a citation should be contested or settled on a reasonable basis.
At Hendershot, Cannon & Hisey, P.C., our Houston OSHA defense lawyers have the depth of knowledge and experience in OSHA matters to assist businesses of all types immediately following workplace accidents, OSHA inspections, and citations – including even the most challenging situations, catastrophes, and high-stakes cases. To learn more about our OSHA law services, visit www.oshadefensefirm.com or call (713) 909-7323 to request an initial consultation.